1628 Affiliate Article
Author : Aubrey
1 minute read | Author : Aubrey
1 min read
1628 Ltd is a Coworking office located in the historic Doctor’s Building in Cincinnati Ohio. It was founded in 2016 by Tamara Schwarting(1)(2). The name 1628 derives from the moment in history when the word, ‘coworking’ is first published in a book by John Jackson titled “The Worthy Church-Man.”(3) In addition to being recognized for its visual appeal (4) and hospitality (5), 1628 curates art from the Cincinnati community on a quarterly basis. Installations have included:
- December 2017: Treasures in Black & White
- March 2018: The Pieces I Am
- June 2018: Chro•Ma
- September 2018: Behind the Mask (6)
- March 2019: /just to be alive/ (7)
- June 2019: No Vacancy
In March 2019, 1628 Ltd expanded for a second time from the original 6000 square feet to 16000 square feet, adding second and third-floor private offices (8).
- Purnell, Hannah (2017-01-10). “Beyond the coffee shop: Cincy co-working scene diversifies to meet growing demand”. Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Women, Elevate (2018-11-30). “What To Consider When Designing A Workplace That Inspires”. Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- Jackson, John (1628-01-01). The Worth Church-man. Book. Retrieved 2019-01-01.
- MERRITT, Jennifer (2017-04-22). “If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628”. Cincinnati Refined. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- Konnermann, Alyssa (2018-10-05). “FOUR DOWNTOWN SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN GET TO WORK”. Cincinnati Magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- Radio, WVXU (2018-09-12).“Behind the Mask: Contemporary Portraiture and the Pursuit of Self”. WVXU Public Broadcast. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Picks, CAA (2019-04-02). “CWA PICKS FOR APRIL 2019”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Caproni, Erin (2019-03-27). “Downtown Cincinnati coworking space expands”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
Negotiation Skills For Your Career And Everyday Life 03/12/18
This article was originally posted on Forbes.com Negotiation Skills For Your Career And Everyday Life By: Tamara Schwarting Approaching a vendor to negotiate a deal or sitting down with your boss to discuss a pay raise can be scary, but sometimes there’s no way around it. Whether negotiating the cost of leasing a space or […]
1628 Spring Bookings Now Available 02/11/19
Now that we have expanded 1628’s downtown location, we have more space available to dedicate to meetings and private events. We’re actively booking for spring. Book now and save! Schedule your meeting or event by February 28th and receive a 10% discount on your rental fee.1628 has space available for meetings and events for 2-200 people. Our […]