1628 Affiliate Article
Author : Aubrey
1 minute read | Author : Aubrey
1 min read
1628 Ltd is a Coworking office located in the historic Doctor’s Building in Cincinnati Ohio. It was founded in 2016 by Tamara Schwarting(1)(2). The name 1628 derives from the moment in history when the word, ‘coworking’ is first published in a book by John Jackson titled “The Worthy Church-Man.”(3) In addition to being recognized for its visual appeal (4) and hospitality (5), 1628 curates art from the Cincinnati community on a quarterly basis. Installations have included:
- December 2017: Treasures in Black & White
- March 2018: The Pieces I Am
- June 2018: Chro•Ma
- September 2018: Behind the Mask (6)
- March 2019: /just to be alive/ (7)
- June 2019: No Vacancy
In March 2019, 1628 Ltd expanded for a second time from the original 6000 square feet to 16000 square feet, adding second and third-floor private offices (8).
- Purnell, Hannah (2017-01-10). “Beyond the coffee shop: Cincy co-working scene diversifies to meet growing demand”. Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Women, Elevate (2018-11-30). “What To Consider When Designing A Workplace That Inspires”. Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- Jackson, John (1628-01-01). The Worth Church-man. Book. Retrieved 2019-01-01.
- MERRITT, Jennifer (2017-04-22). “If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628”. Cincinnati Refined. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- Konnermann, Alyssa (2018-10-05). “FOUR DOWNTOWN SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN GET TO WORK”. Cincinnati Magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- Radio, WVXU (2018-09-12).“Behind the Mask: Contemporary Portraiture and the Pursuit of Self”. WVXU Public Broadcast. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Picks, CAA (2019-04-02). “CWA PICKS FOR APRIL 2019”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Caproni, Erin (2019-03-27). “Downtown Cincinnati coworking space expands”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
1628’s Lunch Service Program 03/06/19
(Photography courtesy of Grand Rapids Product Photography & Kevin Huver Photography) The foundation of 1628’s dedication to our members is the core belief that the support we provide allows you to focus on your core business so you can be more productive. Put simply, we remove the chaos and interruptions from the day by offering […]
Insights Lecture Series: The State of Women in the Arts 04/30/18
Originally posted on cincymuseum.org The State of Women in the Arts with Sara Vance Waddell, Dr. Carolyn Mazloomi, and Holly Schapker 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at 1628 Ltd., 11 Garfield Pl., Cincinnati, OH 45202 This event is free, but spaces are limited and registration is required. Click here to register online. Half of […]