1628 Art Exhibit: “The Pieces I Am”
Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 min read
The Pieces I Am: Artwork from the Sara M. and Michelle Vance Waddell Private Collection
Message from Tamara Schwarting: Despite the number of working female artists, there is still under-representation of female artists in galleries and permanent collections of major art institutions. I am simply thrilled that Sara & Michelle agreed to have a selection of their private art collection exhibited in 1628. The body of work they have collected is both diverse and thought-provoking. More importantly, as collectors who focus on female artists, they are helping to bridge the gender gap that exists in the arts. Now more than ever we need to make sure the voices of women are heard. As a woman business owner, I am committed to not only growing my business but also ensuring that we provide a platform for others to succeed. Being able to showcase the artistic talent of this amazing group of women at 1628 gives me great joy. We hope you enjoy The Pieces I Am experience and are able to find your own moment of inspiration while in 1628.
- Licking A Brick by Dana Schutz
- Spells & Incantations by Jane Hammond
- Ellen by Annie Leibovitz
- Mitch by Catherine Opie
- 15 Mouths by Lorna Simpson
- Survival by Jenny Holzer
- Untitled (From Dust Series) by Carolee Schneemann
- Shimmering Madness by Sandy Skoglund
- Magie Noir by Julia Dault
- 2068 Susan’s by Pat Renick
- Deb & Patricia, NY NY by Catherine Opie
- Giving Comfort & Finding Pain by Carolyn L Mazloomi
- Malala by Holly Schapker
- Cowboy Killers (Marlboro) by Wendy White
- Decision Analysis by Jennifer Dalton
- Untitled by Lousie Fishman
- Gone – Destination: Columbus, Ohio by Aminah Brenda Lynn Robinson
- Underground RR by Bessie Nickens
- The Sure One by Sister Mary Corita Kent
- Crochet IV by Louise Bourgeois
- Memories of Times That Never Were I by Faiza Butt
- Lying Gun/Orange by Laurie Simmons
Other Artwork on Display:
- Gentle Guardian by Meredith Spencer Mullins
- It Floats by Meredith Spencer Mullins
- Wall Mural by Lindsay Nehls
- Eater of Playdough by Maggie Russell
- Big Mac Bridge by Bob Schwartz
- Queen City by Jess Sheldon
4.9 out of 5 stars based on 49 customer reviews
If you haven't checked... read moreGreat place to work! Many rooms to spread out and gets those creations down on paper!
If you haven't checked this place out, you need to! Hidden Gem of Cincy! read less - Shannon P. - 9/03/2022
It was very comfortable and it didn't take me long to get cozy, especially with nice amenities like free drinks, coffee, and snacks. You can also order lunch from one of their lunch partners and they will bring it to you once it is delivered. They are big on offering services here that you might not get at other co-working spaces. The wifi was fast and secure with no issues; thumbs up. read less - Dawn B. - 11/13/2018
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Refined 04/24/17
Many thanks to Jennifer Merrit for the lovely write up about 1628 in Cincinnati Refined. You can find a verbatim of the Cincinnati Refined article below: If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628 APRIL 22, 2017 by JENNIFER MERRITT Walking into 1628 is a bit […]
Author : 1628 Ltd.
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier 07/24/17
Get a look at downtown Cincinnati’s art-infused coworking space May 23, 2017, 3:03pm EDT Tom Demeropolis Senior Staff ReporterCincinnati Business Courier Since launching the coworking space 1628 Ltd. last year, Tamara Schwarting has spent a lot of her time talking about coworking. “In Cincinnati, coworking is a new brand category,” Schwarting told me. “We’re spending a considerable amount […]
Author : 1628 Ltd.