1628 Art Exhibit: Virtual Tour of Rephrase: An Exploration of the World Through the Lens of Pop Art
Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 min read
Rephrase: An Exploration of the World Through the Lens of Pop Art– Virtual Tour
We have now put our Winter 2020 exhibition, Rephrase, online as a virtual tour! Click here to experience the exhibition.
Special Thanks to Cinci360 for capturing the space and allowing 1628 the opportunity to share this exhibition with those not able to visit in person.
About the exhibition:
The 1628 Ltd. Winter Exhibition, Rephrase: An Exploration of the World Through the Lens of Pop Art, is a collaboration with Visionaries and Voices (V+V). V+V is an inclusive art studio located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and is comprised of a community of friends and supporters who provide creative, professional, and educational opportunities to artists with and without disabilities.
V+V is a very diverse art studio where 130 artists call home, each with very different art practices and desires for producing art. The approach V+V takes is to support each person individually and support their career and concept of art. Many common themes appear organically throughout the studios.
The body of work in Rephrase is centered around one such theme; responding to visual culture and popular culture icons. Assembling artists around the idea of the word “pop” can be problematic as it can refer to a specific era in art history as well as contemporary and personal issues at play. This group exhibition references and honors artists who have been deeply affected by something from our visual culture and bring new meaning through “rephrasing” these icons and ideas through their unique perspective and process.
Click here to view the exhibition virtually.
Art on 1st floor:
- De Colores by Linda Kunick
- Flamingo by Daniel Wescott
- Fish by Leah Davis
- Fiona by Courttney Cooper
- Untitled (Street Lights) 1&2 by Barb Moran
- 1992 Called by Remi Mauhet
- Oh No, Not Again by Remi Mauhet
- Zoo Animals in the Jungle by Tyler Spohn
- Bring Back Pound Purries by Marci Rosin
- ACLU Needs to be Executed by Marci Rosin
- Untitled (Writing Series) by Dale Jackson
- The Still Life by Andrew Hostick
- The Pest by Andrew Hostick
- Egg Series: Jasper T Jowls Egg, Eggdog the Pomeranian, Pasqually P. Pieplate, Mr. Munch Egg, Helen Henny Egg, Chuck E. Cheese Egg by Catherine Whited
- Two-Face Larry by Andy Eisenacher
- Scorpion! Deadlier than Ever!! Odalisque (1) by Adam Maloney
- Scorpion! Deadlier than Ever!! Odalisque (2) by Adam Maloney
Art on 2nd floor:
- Sam by Megan Godsey
- Untitled (Secret Police) by Tripp Huggins
- Mr.Tuff and Eek the Cat by Ishmael Williams
- Euphoric Odalisque by Adam Maloney
- Bonanza Series by Amber Ortman
- Untitled (Goku/Carl) by Jon Klosterman
- Jay-Z by Ebony Malcom
For additional exhibition information or to purchase a work of art, please contact: Missy D’Angelo, 1628 Art Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention to Detail Artist Spotlight: Margot Gotoff 05/08/20
Margot Gotoff Margot Gotoff After months of clay sculpting, Gotoff’s work is made into a synthetic rubber mold covered by a multi-piece mother mold. The mold is removed from the clay piece, cleaned, and wax is painted into the rubber mold. The wax sets, and is carefully removed, and a large plaster and silica flour […]
Downtown Cincinnati Inc., Member Spotlight 09/20/18
Originally posted on DCI’s website Member Spotlight section In Cincinnati, 1628 Ltd has become a brand that stands out in a crowd. Until 2016, the word “coworking” meant something very specific in Cincinnati. To most, it meant buzzy startup-friendly spaces with lots of events and different colored chairs and dogs running around. That, or it meant […]