1628 utilizes internship programs to help support their business. Read the blog below to learn how your company could benefit from student interns:
The University of Cincinnati has been home to a co-op program for over a century, and it’s no wonder why. Utilizing interns or co-ops can be an incredibly effective way to help your business grow. There are many benefits to working with university students, such as fresh ideas, potential hires, and cost savings. Here are some things you should consider before hiring an intern or co-op.
What Are the Benefits?
The most obvious benefit of hiring an intern is having access to fresh ideas that could potentially revolutionize your business’s operations. Many college students come from diverse backgrounds and may have different ways of thinking compared to what you’re used to. Having a student on board can provide valuable insight into how modern businesses operate.
Additionally, you get the opportunity to evaluate potential hires for full-time positions in the future. If you’re impressed with their work ethic and performance during their internship, you can always extend them an offer once they graduate from college. This is especially beneficial if you need specialized talent but don’t want to commit long-term resources right away.
Finally, having interns on board can save your company time and money in the long run. You won’t have to pay interns or co-ops the same rate as a full-time employee since they will only be part of your team temporarily, so it makes sense financially as well as strategically. Plus, having interns around will free up time for department heads to focus on more important tasks instead of getting bogged down with mundane tasks like data entry or customer service inquiries that could be handled by interns instead.
What Should I Look For?
When hiring interns or co-ops from the University of Cincinnati (or any other school), there are some key qualities that should look out for when evaluating candidates:
- A willingness to learn new skills – Find someone who is eager and willing to learn about all aspects of the job role rather than just focusing on one area; this will allow them to become more well-rounded individuals who can excel in multiple areas within your business
- Good communication skills – Communication is essential for any role; look for candidates that are not only articulate but also good listeners who understand what needs doing and can take direction
- Teamwork skills – Teamwork is especially important in large organizations; look for someone who works well with others and understands how their role fits into the greater organization
- Time management skills – Make sure your candidate knows how to manage their time wisely so they don’t end up wasting precious hours on nonessential tasks
- Initiative – Look for someone who is self-directed and able to problem solve without needing constant direction; this type of person will make a great addition to any team!
Hiring an intern or co-op from the University of Cincinnati is an excellent way to bring fresh ideas into your business while saving money at the same time. When looking for candidates from UC’s program, make sure they possess good communication skills, teamwork abilities, time management capabilities, and initiative-taking characteristics – all of which would make them successful additions to any team! With careful consideration when selecting applicants from UC’s prestigious program, your business stands to gain great value in return!