What is “Laughter Yoga?”
Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
1 min read
“Everyone wants health and happiness in their lives. But instead they are getting stressed out, depressed, getting less sleep, more negative thoughts and feeling isolated. Does this sound like you? Are you someone who wants to move on and bring more laughter and joy into your life? You are in the right place. Laughter Yoga is the answer.
Laughter Yoga is a revolutionary idea – simple and profound. An exercise routine, it is sweeping the world and is a complete well-being workout. Developed by a medical doctor from India Dr. Madan Kataria and it has spread across 100 countries.” – Laughter Yoga University.
Origins of Laughter Yoga:
Madan Kataria, a family physician, popularized Laughter Yoga in 1995. His practice simplified the work of earlier laughter pioneers who taught similar concepts in the 1960s.
The practice stems from the idea that the body has no idea whether or not it is faking laughter. The session occurs without any true reason to laugh, pushing the attendee to find it in themselves to evoke joy.
Other exercises include breathing exercises, acting and visualization techniques, and a push towards experiencing play.
Here is what the laughter yoga site says about the benefits of laughter yoga exercises:
- Good Mood and More Laughter: Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing certain chemicals from your brain cells called endorphins. You will remain cheerful and in a good mood throughout the day and will laugh more than you normally do.
- Healthy Exercise to Beat Stress: Laughter Yoga is like an aerobic exercise (cardio workout) which brings more oxygen to the body and brain thereby making one feel more energetic and relaxed.
- Health Benefits: Laughter Yoga reduces the stress and strengthens the immune system. You will not fall sick easily and if you have some chronic health conditions, you will heal faster.
- Quality of Life: Laughter is a positive energy which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships. If you laugh more, you will attract many friends.
- Positive Attitude in Challenging Times : Everyone can laugh when life is good, but how does one laugh when faced with challenges? Laughter helps to create a positive mental state to deal with negative situations and negative people. It gives hope and optimism to cope with difficult times.
If you are interested in trying laughing yoga, 1628 will be holding monthly sessions hosted by Rose Meenach every third Wednesday of the month at 5pm.
Call for Submission: ALIGNED | The Art of Design 09/06/19
Cinci360 3D Mapping & Marketing 05/21/17
Cinci360 was founded in July of 2016 by Aubrey Backscheider as a Google Street View service provider. The focus of the company was to provide a more accurate visual representation of local businesses in search engine results. Since 2016, Cinci360 has evolved to a site surveying company with attention to digital marketing, user analytics, search […]