Exploring Cincinnati’s Casual Dining Scene
Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 min read
1628 is conveniently located in Downtown Cincinnati for quick and easy access to an abundance of casual and delicious restaurants including the five listed below.
Cincinnati is a city that loves to eat, and what better way to end a long day or meeting than with a good meal? While there are plenty of fancy steakhouses and high-end restaurants in the city, sometimes you just want to keep things casual. Luckily, Cincinnati has no shortage of eateries that serve up delicious food in a relaxed atmosphere. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the top casual dining spots in the city.
- Eagle: Located in Over-the-Rhine, the Eagle is known for its delicious fried chicken and mac and cheese. The atmosphere is casual, with picnic tables and a laid-back vibe. This is a great place to grab a beer and some comfort food after a long day. Click here to see all of the other offerings they have, including their signature cocktails.
- Bakersfield: If you’re craving Mexican food, head over to Bakersfield in OTR or on the East side. The tacos are the star of the show here but don’t miss out on the fresh guacamole or the killer margaritas. This is a great happy hour spot, and they also have a killer brunch menu. Check out their website here.
- Moerlein Lager House: If you’re looking for a casual spot to grab a drink and some bites with a view, head over to Moerlein Lager House on the banks. Located right on the river, this brewery and restaurant has an extensive beer list and a menu full of delicious pub eats. Note that it can get quite loud here, so it’s not the best place for a quiet conversation. Take a look at their menu, the mug club, and more here.
- Taqueria Mercado: Another great Mexican spot, Taqueria Mercado serves up some of the freshest and tastiest tacos in the city. With multiple locations across Cincinnati, you’re never too far from delicious food. The atmosphere is casual and welcoming, and locals rave about the flautas and churros. If this sounds like a good choice for you, click here for more information.
- Eli’s BBQ in Columbia Tusculum: If you’re in the mood for barbecue, head over to Eli’s BBQ in Columbia Tusculum. This no-frills spot serves up some of the best ribs, pulled pork, and brisket in the city, along with classic sides like mac and cheese and baked beans. The atmosphere is rustic and charming, with outdoor seating and live music on the weekends. While you’re here, go over to their website to see all things barbecue.
Cincinnati has a lot to offer when it comes to casual dining, and these are just a few of our top recommendations. Whether you’re in the mood for fried chicken, tacos, or barbecue, there’s something for everyone in this city. So next time you’re looking for a laid-back spot to grab some food and drinks, give one of these places a try. You won’t be disappointed!
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Refined 04/24/17
Many thanks to Jennifer Merrit for the lovely write up about 1628 in Cincinnati Refined. You can find a verbatim of the Cincinnati Refined article below: If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628 APRIL 22, 2017 by JENNIFER MERRITT Walking into 1628 is a bit […]
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier 07/24/17
Get a look at downtown Cincinnati’s art-infused coworking space May 23, 2017, 3:03pm EDT Tom Demeropolis Senior Staff ReporterCincinnati Business Courier Since launching the coworking space 1628 Ltd. last year, Tamara Schwarting has spent a lot of her time talking about coworking. “In Cincinnati, coworking is a new brand category,” Schwarting told me. “We’re spending a considerable amount […]