Dealing with Microstress: Techniques for Managing the Impact
Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 min read
Every day brings its own set of challenges, from deadlines to finances to employee management. But are you aware of the insidious threat of microstress? Micro-stressors are small, ongoing stressors that accumulate over time and can lead to burnout, decreased productivity, and physical and mental health issues. At 1628, you can experience an environment that is calm and accommodating to cope with micro-stressors.In this blog post, we’ll explore what micro-stress is and offer techniques you can incorporate into your daily work routine to help mitigate its impact.
- Mindfulness practice: One of the most effective techniques for managing micro-stress is mindfulness. Mindfulness is the practice of being present in the moment, without judgment. By incorporating mindfulness into your daily routine, you can train your brain to focus on the present instead of getting lost in worry or negative thoughts. Start with just a few minutes a day, whether through meditation, deep breathing, or simply taking a moment to consciously observe your surroundings. Click here to find a quick 5-minute exercise to practice mindfulness in any environment.
- Time management: Another common source of micro-stress is feeling like there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done. By creating a schedule or task list and prioritizing your most important tasks, you can regain a sense of control over your day and reduce the feeling of overwhelm. Consider using a time-tracking tool like RescueTime to help you identify areas where you might be wasting time or getting distracted. To learn more about RescueTime and how it can help you to be more productive, focused, and motivated; click here.
- Regular breaks: When we’re busy, it can be tempting to power through without taking a break. However, taking regular breaks throughout the day is crucial for reducing micro-stress and maintaining productivity. Whether it’s a quick walk around the block, a stretching routine, or even just a few minutes chatting with a colleague, make sure you build breaks into your day. 1628 has ample space to walk around the first-level gallery. Take a look at the locally sourced art exhibits to clear your mind. We are also located in downtown Cincinnati which offers plenty of places to explore!
- Physical activity: Exercise is a powerful stress-reducer, helping to release endorphins and clear your mind. Incorporating physical activity into your daily routine can mitigate the impact of micro-stress and provide a much-needed energy boost. This could be as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going for a walk during your lunch break. Find what works for you and make it a regular habit.
- Disconnect: Finally, it’s crucial to disconnect and give your brain a break from work-related stressors. Whether that means turning off your phone at night, taking a digital detox over the weekend, or scheduling regular vacations and time off, make sure you’re making space in your life for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Microstress can add up over time, leading to burnout and decreased productivity. The good news is that there are techniques you can incorporate into your daily work routine to mitigate its impact. By practicing mindfulness, managing your time, taking regular breaks, incorporating physical activity, and disconnecting from work-related stressors, you can reduce micro-stress and improve your overall well-being. Visit 1628 to see an environment that is conducive to living a stress-free lifestyle.
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Refined 04/24/17
Many thanks to Jennifer Merrit for the lovely write up about 1628 in Cincinnati Refined. You can find a verbatim of the Cincinnati Refined article below: If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628 APRIL 22, 2017 by JENNIFER MERRITT Walking into 1628 is a bit […]
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier 07/24/17
Get a look at downtown Cincinnati’s art-infused coworking space May 23, 2017, 3:03pm EDT Tom Demeropolis Senior Staff ReporterCincinnati Business Courier Since launching the coworking space 1628 Ltd. last year, Tamara Schwarting has spent a lot of her time talking about coworking. “In Cincinnati, coworking is a new brand category,” Schwarting told me. “We’re spending a considerable amount […]