Call for Art Submissions
Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 min read
Call for Submissions
AAC Student, Alumni, and Faculty Exhibition
1628 Ltd., a curated coworking space in downtown Cincinnati, is committed to featuring local artists in seasonal exhibitions. We accept 2D and 3D art submissions from past and present Art Academy of Cincinnati as well as local renown artists. We welcome your submissions for our upcoming exhibition honoring the past, present, and future of AAC artists at the following link: Submission Form
Established and emerging artists are encouraged to apply with up to 3 works per artist. Works should promote productivity and inspiration for our members, be appropriate for a professional workplace setting, be sturdy, durable, and ready to hang upon delivery.
There is no entry fee for submissions.
1628 Ltd. is committed to supporting the local art community. Artists will receive 75% of the retail sale price while the remaining 25% commission is retained by 1628 Ltd. All pricing of exhibited artwork will be determined by the artist and published in the exhibition catalog.
1628 Ltd. will ensure all work up to the listed retail price and provides a secure facility that is not open to the general public. Professional installation and de-installation are provided.
Copyright and reproduction rights are reserved by the artist. 1628 Ltd. reserves permission to use images of the works for marketing and record keeping purposes.
1628 Ltd. will produce a digital and printed catalog for the exhibition. Artists will receive a complimentary copy for their records.
A free opening reception will occur on Thursday, December 6th from 6-8pm. Artists are highly encouraged, but not required to attend.
Open to all mediums of both 2D and 3D work.
Please submit images that are focused, well lit, and of a clear resolution to show detail.
Submissions that vary in size are encouraged. Please do not submit 2D work smaller than 16×20,” any smaller than this size does not show well in our space unless part of a series. We welcome large scale work. Additionally, our space can accommodate several large scale pieces of approximately 6-10’ x 4-5’.
Contact Meggie Bailey, 1628 Art Curator at email@example.com
Submission Deadline: Friday, October 26, 5pm
Notification of Acceptance: Friday, November 9
Hand-deliver Artwork: Saturday, December 2, 10am – 2pm
Opening Reception: Thursday, December 6, 6 – 8pm
Pick-up Artwork: Saturday, March 2, Time TBD
About 1628 Ltd.
Located in Downtown Cincinnati, 1628 is built to empower professional achievement and self-fulfillment amidst an environment of culture and elegance. In a world overflowing with information and chaos, we are guardians of your daily routine, protectors of your efficiency, practitioners of old-school hospitality. Proactively attuned to needs, 1628 fills the emptiness with energy. Distinctively sophisticated, but rooted in modernity, 1628 is a community of independent professionals and the professionally independent. 1628 is a certified women-owned business. For more information visit www.1628Ltd.com.
11 Garfield Place, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Past and Current Exhibitions:
Natural Order: An exhibition of works from the Art Academy of Cincinnati
Elevate: Celebrating Inspiring Art
In partnership with Wave Pool
Photography exhibition featuring work from local photographers
Treasures in Black & White
Photography exhibition in partnership with the Cincinnati Museum Center
The Pieces I Am
Artwork from the Sara M. & Michelle Vance Waddell Private Collection
Featuring artwork by Michael Coppage, Aaron Delamatre, Michael Stillion, and Kim Rae Taylor
Behind the Mask
Photography exhibition from the Collection of Linda & George Kurz
Before | Now
/just to be alive/
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier 07/24/17
Get a look at downtown Cincinnati’s art-infused coworking space May 23, 2017, 3:03pm EDT Tom Demeropolis Senior Staff ReporterCincinnati Business Courier Since launching the coworking space 1628 Ltd. last year, Tamara Schwarting has spent a lot of her time talking about coworking. “In Cincinnati, coworking is a new brand category,” Schwarting told me. “We’re spending a considerable amount […]
Getting Past Stereotypes To Find A Lawyer You Love 10/16/18
Originally posted on Forbes.com Tamara Schwarting is the CEO of 1628 LTD., a curated coworking community of independent professionals and the professionally independent in Cincinnati, Ohio. She is also an executive level consultant in business processes and supply chain purchasing. Read more of Tamara’s articles here. Getting Past Stereotypes To Find A Lawyer You Love By: Tamara Schwarting […]