10 Steps to Building Resilience in Challenging Times
Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 minute read | Author : 1628 Ltd.
2 min read
We live in a world of constant change and disruption. This can be both exciting and overwhelming, but the key is to stay resilient in the face of uncertainty. A personal resiliency plan will help you better manage your emotions, thoughts, and reactions when faced with challenging situations. Here are 10 steps to help you create yours.
- Identify Your Emotions – Start by recognizing how you feel about the situation at hand. What emotions does it bring up? Is it fear or anxiety? Do you feel helpless or empowered? Acknowledge these feelings without judgment and use them as a starting point for developing your plan.
- Make a List of Strengths – Make a list of skills, talents, and experiences that may be useful when facing this challenge. Knowing what’s within your power can give you the reassurance that you have something to work with rather than feeling overwhelmed by the unknowns.
- Develop Coping Skills– Think about how to best manage any negative emotions that may arise from this challenge such as stress, anger, or sadness. This could include things like mindfulness exercises, journaling, spending time outdoors or talking to friends or family members for support.
- Set Goals – Break down daunting tasks into smaller manageable goals so that they seem more achievable and less intimidating. Write out each step along with time frames for completion so that you can monitor your progress as you go along.
- Remain Flexible – Life happens! Circumstances change; something unexpected might come up so it’s important to remain flexible in your approach rather than rigidly sticking to a set plan if needed be adjusted along the way.
- Look For Support Network– Reach out to those around you who can provide emotional support and guidance during difficult times such as family members , mentors , friends , teachers , etc .
- Prioritize Self-Care – Taking care of yourself is essential when facing challenging times . Make sure that adequate rest , good nutrition , physical activity , relaxation techniques etcetera are all part of your daily routine.
- Stay Positive – Negative thinking can become paralyzing so try and focus on the outcome instead of worrying about potential obstacles that might stand in your way .
- Learn From Experience – Every experience holds lessons from which we can learn and grow from. Reflect on past successes and failures while considering how they relate to current challenges and use them as learning opportunities moving forward.
- Practice Gratitude – Being able to appreciate all that you have even in tough times will help keep you motivated and focused on achieving your goals and overcoming obstacles with a positive attitude and outlook on life
If you are looking for a quiet place to start creating your resilience plan for either yourself or your company, then check out 1628’s coworking and private office options by booking a tour today!
Creating a resilience plan involves understanding how you respond to certain situations and developing strategies to help you navigate challenges with confidence and optimism. As you start building your resilience plan, take time to understand your strengths, weaknesses, emotions, and responses to various situations. Recognizing your feelings, emotional intelligence, and support networks are all important aspects of a resilience plan that will help ensure positive outcomes even in the most difficult of times. Stay focused on building your resilience plan one step at a time and you will soon see the benefits in both short and long term goals. Good luck!
Want to learn more about resilience plans? Check out the link below (Forbes, 2019).
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Refined 04/24/17
Many thanks to Jennifer Merrit for the lovely write up about 1628 in Cincinnati Refined. You can find a verbatim of the Cincinnati Refined article below: If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628 APRIL 22, 2017 by JENNIFER MERRITT Walking into 1628 is a bit […]
1628 Ltd. Featured in Cincinnati Business Courier 07/24/17
Get a look at downtown Cincinnati’s art-infused coworking space May 23, 2017, 3:03pm EDT Tom Demeropolis Senior Staff ReporterCincinnati Business Courier Since launching the coworking space 1628 Ltd. last year, Tamara Schwarting has spent a lot of her time talking about coworking. “In Cincinnati, coworking is a new brand category,” Schwarting told me. “We’re spending a considerable amount […]